What is the Pennsylvania Youth Leadership Network (PYLN)?
The PYLN is a team of youth leaders with disabilities from across Pennsylvania with a purpose to develop the self-determination, empowerment, and leadership of youth that promotes successful post school outcomes in the areas of education, employment, independent living, and health and wellness among youth and young adults throughout Pennsylvania.
Since 2005 the goals of the PYLN have been to:
- Established a network of youth & young adult leaders across PA
- Created activities and trainings at Pennsylvania Transition Conferences and various other Youth leadership events throughout PA
- Collaborated with other states & national leaders
- Created informational/materials & training documents, and
- Shared presentations across the country
- Work to ensure a successful transition of youth with disabilities
- Maintain mentoring between youth with disabilities and young adults who have accomplished successful transitions
- Development of self-determination/ empowerment resources
- Development of a disability resource guide for transitioning youth
- Development of a healthcare resource guide for youth
- Ensure fair policies, practices, and attitudes that affect individuals with disabilities
In Our Network - Affliate Groups
To get involved or for more information about the Pennsylvania Youth Leadership Network (PYLN):